Who We Are
Sidroc Services Limited (‘we’ or ‘us’ or ‘our’) gather and process your personal information in accordance with this privacy notice and in compliance with the relevant data protection Regulation and laws. This notice provides you with the necessary information regarding your rights and our obligations, and explains how, why and when we process your personal data.
Sidroc Services Limited’s registered office is at 74, Sliema Road, Gzira and we are a company registered in Malta under company number C 59456. We can be contacted using the contact details found at the end of this Notice.
Information That We Collect
Sidroc Services Limited processes your personal information to meet our legal, statutory and contractual obligations and to provide you with our products and services including to maintain our warranty guarantees and any possible important manufacturer information and recalls. We will never collect any unnecessary personal data from you and do not process your information in any way, other than as specified in this notice.
Information you give us:
- When you buy a particular product or service from us we will collect your name, surname and telephone number. We may also collect your identity card number and your address when you enter into a more complex contractual relationship with us such as a rental agreement.
- When you purchase a Sleep Test Result service from us we will additionally also process and may store data which is considered as special category data to fulfill our service and our obligations towards you.
We collect information in the below ways:
- We collect this information either in person, or via telephone and in some cases through email communication.
- We collect special category information through medical devices;
How We Use Your Personal Data (Legal Basis for Processing)
Sidroc Services Limited takes your privacy very seriously and will never disclose, share or sell your data without your consent; unless required to do so by law. We only retain your data for as long as is necessary and for the purpose(s) specified in this notice. Where you have consented to us processing and storing your special category data you may withdraw this consent at any time.
The purposes and reasons for processing your personal data are detailed below:
- We collect your personal data in the performance of a contract or to provide a service and to ensure that orders are completed and so that the appropriate warranty guarantees are maintained;
- We collect and keep your information if you have bought a particular product from us to ensure that we can contact you should the manufacturer issue any updates or any important information in relation to such product for the length of the product support period. Such information will be non-intrusive and is processed on the grounds of legitimate interests;
- We process your Sleep Tests results in physical and .pdf format to fulfill our service agreement with you and we keep a record of your consent;
- We may store Sleep Tests results in physical and .pdf format with your written consent for your benefit and we keep a record of your consent;
- We collect and keep your contact information including your ID card number if you have rented out a particular product from us.
You have the right to access any personal information that Sidroc Services Limited processes about you and to request information about: –
- What personal data we hold about you
- The purposes of the processing
- The categories of personal data concerned
- The recipients to whom the personal data has/will be disclosed
- How long we intend to store your personal data for
- If we did not collect the data directly from you, information about the source
If you believe that we hold any incomplete or inaccurate data about you, you have the right to ask us to correct and/or complete the information and we will strive to correct it as quickly as possible; unless there is a valid reason for not doing so, at which point you will be notified.
You also have the right to request erasure of your personal data or to restrict processing (where applicable) in accordance with the data protection laws; as well as to object to any direct marketing from us; to exercise your data portability rights.
If we receive a request from you to exercise any of the above rights, we may ask you to verify your identity before acting on the request; this is to ensure that your data is protected and kept secure.
Sharing and Disclosing Your Personal Information
We do not share or disclose any of your personal information without your consent other than for the purposes established below.
We may share some of your personal data for accounting or other internal business processes with our third-party processors; however, all processors acting on our behalf only process your data in accordance with instructions from us and in full compliance with this privacy notice and other appropriate confidentiality and security measures.
Sidroc Services Limited takes your privacy seriously and takes every reasonable measure and precaution to protect and secure your personal data. We work hard to protect you and your information from unauthorised access, alteration, disclosure or destruction and have several layers of security measures in place, including:
Encrypted, Firewalled and Password Protected access to our servers.
Consequences of Not Providing Your Data
You are not obliged to provide your personal information to Sidroc Services Limited, however, as this information is required for us to provide you with our services, products and for legitimate interests, we will not be able to offer some of our services without it.
As noted in the ‘How We Use Your Personal Data’ section of this notice, we occasionally process your personal information under the legitimate interests’ legal basis. Where this is the case, we have carried out a thorough Legitimate Interests’ Assessment (LIA) to ensure that we have weighed your interests and any risk posed to you against our own interests, ensuring that they are proportionate and appropriate.
We use the legitimate interests’ legal basis for processing and storing your contact and identification information and have identified that our interests are to ensure that we can contact you should the manufacturer issue any updates or any important information in relation to such product for the length of the product support period.
How Long We Keep Your Data
Sidroc Services Limited only ever retains personal information for as long as is necessary and we have strict review and retention policies in place to meet these obligations.
When you buy a product from us we store your personal data for the length of the product’s warranty period, in some cases based on legitimate interests we may store your personal data for a longer period to ensure we can get in touch about any manufacturer issues;
When you rent out a product from us we keep your contact information including your ID card number throughout the period of the rental agreement. We will also archive the rental agreement contract as evidence of the rental after the rental agreement has expired in situations where there is an establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
Where you have consented to us to store your Sleep Test Results we will keep such data until you notify us otherwise and/or withdraw your consent.
Special Categories Data
Owing to the products and services that we offer, Sidroc Services Limited sometimes needs to process sensitive personal information (known as special category data) about you, to deliver our Sleep Test Results. Where we collect such information, we will only request and process the minimum necessary for the specified purpose and identify a compliant legal basis for doing so.
Where we rely on your consent for processing special category data, we will obtain your explicit consent through your signature. You can modify or withdraw consent at any time, which we will act on immediately, unless there is a legitimate or legal reason for not doing so.
Lodging A Complaint
Sidroc Services Limited only processes your personal information in compliance with this privacy notice and in accordance with the relevant data protection laws. If, however you wish to raise a complaint regarding the processing of your personal data or are unsatisfied with how we have handled your information, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority. We would appreciate however if you would first address your complaint to us.
Sidroc Services Limited
74, Sliema Road, Gzira, Malta
Office of the Information Data Commissioner
Level 2, Airways House
Sliema SLM 1549